Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 5

Dear All,

Another busy week is behind us.

I have learnt about webquest and I have to say a big thank you for Ina. Ina you made my life easier this week and you just felt what I really needed help with.

Webquest, PBL, alternative assessment are things I definitely going to use in my teaching. I have already tried PBL but due my fault as a teacher I was not successful. Now I am going to do it in a different way.

First I will do a needs analysis about the topic for PBL.
Second I will choose the most wanted topic.
Third I will give myself time for preparation and do it step-by-step and design tasks just right for my students.
Fourth I will let my students have enough time to do their tasks.
Fifth I will let them use their mobile pone for a change and hope to see how it goes.

This is what crossed my mind and yes now I know where I made my mistakes when I first tried out PBL. Even though my first try turned out to be a failure I do want to try it again and implement it in my teaching practice with the other things I am learning right now!

Thank you Courtney for all your help and advice! I love this course and I do not want it to end....

Yours,
Eszter

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Eszter,

    I am glad to read that you had a good week. It was helpful for us all to learn about alternative assessement, building rubrics and then making webquests. I was amazed to see the amount of dedication and creativity that everyone put into their projects. I am sure that it must be hard when you have so many responsibilities outside this class and your work, but it seems that you are doing a great job.

    Like you, I wish this class would never end!

    Good luck in week 6.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you ladies are making me feel so good by saying you wish the course would never end! It is a wonderful course due much in part to all of you for making such an outstanding learning community!

    Thank you for continuing to work hard and support each other!

    ReplyDelete