Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 9 Learning styles

When looking back on what I have done in the last nine weeks I had to admit that I read a lot of articles on methodology and tried out several tools provided by the internet. Searching on the internet is a great thing it becomes even more enjoyable if there is someone leading you on your way in an organized manner. This is what I got from this course: well organized and logically built up weekly assignments and tools I can use any time in my teaching. I did not have to find the articles for different fields of teaching during the course it was given to me and the only thing I had to do is read, think and try out the new methods/tools. It is even better than going to a library as here I got everything given to me and all I had to do is to use them properly (guides were also provided for me!).

This week's topic was learning styles. Even though I was familiar with learner styles and tried to think about it as well when preparing for my lessons or for my courses that I teach, this week gave me tools and showed me the way how I can support my students with different learner styles in my lesson. As a teacher I always tried to back up my approach and methods with the right tool and this course helped me a lot. I see things from a different  point of view as I tried out some of the tools just the way students do and I felt the same excitement they do when trying out things for the first time. With this new experience I became more student-centered and more understandable and tolerant at the same time. I have always tried to teach in a way that it would be suitable for my students and now I gained new methods/approaches and tools for it.

I enjoyed all the reading assignments and all the tools I have tried and will continue exploring them after the course. I do not want to list all the things I had done through out these nine weeks as I did not have a favorite reading or tool I loved all of them.

Eszter

1 comment:

  1. Hi Esztimar

    I like what you have said about the way we were provided for with reading material and that we didn't even have to go to the library for more. The materials were more than enough and they captured the topics very well. I sure just as you have learnt a lot from this course and will forever be thankful.

    Regards

    Rukia

    ReplyDelete